Vegetarian Ground Beef Pasta
- 8 oz (225g) vegetarian ground beef substitute (such as soy crumbles)
- 8 oz (225g) pasta of your choice (penne, spaghetti, or any preferred type)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (14 oz/400g) diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (adjust to taste)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh basil leaves, for garnish (optional)
- Grated vegetarian Parmesan cheese, for serving (optional)
- Cook Pasta:
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook according to the package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Prepare Vegetarian Ground Beef:
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and sauté until translucent, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic and cook for another 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add the vegetarian ground beef substitute to the skillet and cook according to the package instructions, usually just a few minutes until heated through.
- Stir in the diced tomatoes, dried oregano, dried basil, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Let the mixture simmer for about 5-7 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld together.
- Combine Pasta and Sauce:
- Add the cooked pasta to the skillet with the vegetarian ground beef mixture. Toss everything together to ensure the pasta is coated with the sauce and the flavors are well combined.
- Divide the pasta into serving plates. If desired, garnish with fresh basil leaves and grated vegetarian Parmesan cheese.
- Serve the vegetarian ground beef pasta warm and enjoy your quick and easy meal!
Feel free to customize this recipe by adding your favorite vegetables or herbs, or adjusting the seasonings according to your taste preferences.
Also you can check vegan recipe for the same content on this link.